_**RESIGNATION**_ I am hereby officially tendering my resignation as an adult. I have decided I would like to accept the responsibilities of an 8 year-old again. I want to go to McDonald's and think that it's a four star restaurant. I want to sail sticks across a fresh mud puddle and make a sidewalk with rocks. I want to think M&Ms are better than money because you can eat them. I want to lie under a big oak tree and run a lemonade stand with my friends on a hot summer's day. I want to return to a time when life was simple; When all you knew were colors, multiplication tables, and nursery rhymes, but that didn't bother you, because you didn't know what you didn't know and you didn't care. All you knew was to be happy because you were blissfully unaware of all the things that should make you worried or upset. I want to think the world is fair. That everyone is honest and good. I want to believe that anything is possible. I want to be oblivious to the complexities of life and be overly excited by the little things again. I want to live simple again. I don't want my day to consist of computer crashes,mountains of paperwork, depressing news, how to survive more days in the month than there is money in the bank, doctor bills, gossip, illness, and loss of loved ones. I want to believe in the power of smiles, hugs, a kind word, truth, justice, peace, dreams, the imagination, mankind, and making angels in the snow. So . . . here's my checkbook and my car-keys, my credit card bills and my RRSP statements. I am officially resigning from adulthood. And if you want to discuss this further, you'll have to catch me first, cause........ ......"Tag! You're it." Remember the Simple things in Life. ((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))

May 20, 2006

有緣千里


林憶蓮結婚生子前的唱片「感覺完美」內有一首沒有流行起來的歌,叫「有緣千里」,歌詞是這樣的:

深海倘似你,而我卻似高天
縱使張開眼遠望總看見,然而是那麼遠
仍願我的光照你,遙遙讓你深淵也暖

海闊與天空不必多掛牽
千里也相近有缘未覺遠
海角與天邊始终可發现
海跟天一綫牽
心相牽

多珍惜有你陪我到這一點
你教我一生因你改變,令我心完全
就算不可再見,在我的心你永存

記憶中我是把CD錄成錄音帶放在車聽。有一段日子,我傍晚的時候到Richmond 當兼職,總愛駕車從Kingsway 轉到Knight 橋,長長直直的路,可一直走到目的地,不用轉彎,車也開得很輕鬆。Knight是一條寬闊的大街,只是偶有起伏。但每次從斜坡下爬上來的時候,面前總是一大片寬闊開揚的景色,甚至可以見到遠遠平原。我記得那應是我在Vancouver的第一個春天,從濕冷陰寒的冬天捱過來了,走這路,特別覺得舒暢。

那時的日子很平靜,間或是太平靜了,但心裡真的是海闊天空,那時,我愛在這段路上重複又重複的聽這首歌,走一倘可以聽六、七次。也許因為這樣,我對雜亂參差的Knight街和橋從沒有反感。那是一段好日子。

Comments on "有緣千里"

 

post a comment