_**RESIGNATION**_ I am hereby officially tendering my resignation as an adult. I have decided I would like to accept the responsibilities of an 8 year-old again. I want to go to McDonald's and think that it's a four star restaurant. I want to sail sticks across a fresh mud puddle and make a sidewalk with rocks. I want to think M&Ms are better than money because you can eat them. I want to lie under a big oak tree and run a lemonade stand with my friends on a hot summer's day. I want to return to a time when life was simple; When all you knew were colors, multiplication tables, and nursery rhymes, but that didn't bother you, because you didn't know what you didn't know and you didn't care. All you knew was to be happy because you were blissfully unaware of all the things that should make you worried or upset. I want to think the world is fair. That everyone is honest and good. I want to believe that anything is possible. I want to be oblivious to the complexities of life and be overly excited by the little things again. I want to live simple again. I don't want my day to consist of computer crashes,mountains of paperwork, depressing news, how to survive more days in the month than there is money in the bank, doctor bills, gossip, illness, and loss of loved ones. I want to believe in the power of smiles, hugs, a kind word, truth, justice, peace, dreams, the imagination, mankind, and making angels in the snow. So . . . here's my checkbook and my car-keys, my credit card bills and my RRSP statements. I am officially resigning from adulthood. And if you want to discuss this further, you'll have to catch me first, cause........ ......"Tag! You're it." Remember the Simple things in Life. ((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))

April 26, 2006

想記得Moda 的二、三事

這小子,今次是第三次見面了。

▲性格毫無疑問是爸爸媽媽的混合體,但小朋友快樂就好了,現在的性情不重要,反正都會變。
四歲的小孩,今敞見面大部份時間在病。他稱我「Auntie Lisi」,離開台北那天,一行數人吃中飯,其中一個Auntie 離座了,他問他媽媽,一時口快,說成:另一個Lisi呢?

這真有點哲理味道,當然也令我想我與另一個auntie是不是真的有點相似。如果是,又是那一方面?

▲也許是我小見多怪,但小孩子的確有令人意想不到的洞察力。但小子三歲的時候,我在他們家待了幾天,那是他剛學會"Auntie"這個稱呼。幾天過後的一個晚上,我和他爸爸坐在客廳聊天,也沒理會他,他突然走到我面前,一面「得戚」的表情,笑著對我說:Lisi。憑他的表情,感覺他像是經過一番思考後,滿有信心的結論—爸爸媽媽都這這樣叫你,我猜到了,原來你真正的名字不是「Auntie」。他當時的樣子超可愛,相信我們驚喜的反應也令他很有滿足感。

▲買了M&Ms 準備放進上次到台北帶給他的 M&M dispenser 的時候,他簡直興奮得不能自控,一直在我身邊團團轉。再問他:你最愛誰,他想也不想便說:我最愛你。昨年他只有三歲的時候我也問過同樣問題,他也是同樣的答案。他的爸爸在旁聽到對他兒子說:你好恐怖。

▲Moda 的性格非常男生,意外地他喜歡香水。昨年隨手送了身邊的旅行裝香水瓶給他。今年特地再帶一個,他見了仍然喜歡,還會自已拿來噴得香香的。

Comments on "想記得Moda 的二、三事"

 

post a comment