_**RESIGNATION**_ I am hereby officially tendering my resignation as an adult. I have decided I would like to accept the responsibilities of an 8 year-old again. I want to go to McDonald's and think that it's a four star restaurant. I want to sail sticks across a fresh mud puddle and make a sidewalk with rocks. I want to think M&Ms are better than money because you can eat them. I want to lie under a big oak tree and run a lemonade stand with my friends on a hot summer's day. I want to return to a time when life was simple; When all you knew were colors, multiplication tables, and nursery rhymes, but that didn't bother you, because you didn't know what you didn't know and you didn't care. All you knew was to be happy because you were blissfully unaware of all the things that should make you worried or upset. I want to think the world is fair. That everyone is honest and good. I want to believe that anything is possible. I want to be oblivious to the complexities of life and be overly excited by the little things again. I want to live simple again. I don't want my day to consist of computer crashes,mountains of paperwork, depressing news, how to survive more days in the month than there is money in the bank, doctor bills, gossip, illness, and loss of loved ones. I want to believe in the power of smiles, hugs, a kind word, truth, justice, peace, dreams, the imagination, mankind, and making angels in the snow. So . . . here's my checkbook and my car-keys, my credit card bills and my RRSP statements. I am officially resigning from adulthood. And if you want to discuss this further, you'll have to catch me first, cause........ ......"Tag! You're it." Remember the Simple things in Life. ((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))

February 06, 2006

雪聲

你知道嗎,下雪是有聲音的。

是多年前夜深在後園抽煙時發現的。那夜凌晨下大雪,站在後園,沒有燈,只有雪反映著微弱的光,也沒有風。雪夜有一種異樣的寂靜,除了紙和煙葉燃燒的聲音外,還有極細碎的「悉悉…悉悉」。

極輕的,很零碎的…悉…悉,只可能在很靜很靜的環境才聽得出來。我細意的聽了好一陣子,那是我從沒聽過的澄澈清晰聲音。

(很久沒有踫上下雪天了, not that I miss snow,今年在歐洲城鎮跑來跑去,雪總在我離開了才下。下雪天的寒氣,偶而的無助感,或是寧靜氣氛,印象已開始糢糊。)

那夜腦海裡翻開很多人和事,是什麼現在都忘了,只記得當時雪的聲音。 (B電郵給我05年溫哥華的雪)

Comments on "雪聲"

 

post a comment